Saturday, August 27, 2011

J.E.T. - Our version of the Universe!


Welcome to the world of J.E.T. - Jackie De Los Santos, Elena Correia and Teresa Flores-Diaz; the three ladies that make up J.E.T., became friends in 2005.  All three have music in common, Jackie earning her Bachelors and Masters at the Juilliard School, Elena earning her Bachelors at San Diego State and her Masters at Juilliard and Teresa earning her Bachelors at the University of Southern California and her Masters at Florida International University.
One night, in 2008, while hanging out at Elena's house - a weekly Friday evening occurrence known as "Sangria Night" (with some Scrabble thrown in for good measure) - the idea of forming a band was thrown around.  We came up with calling ourselves J.E.T. because, after all, the first letter of each of our names actually formed a word.  Thank goodness our names aren't Teresa, Isabel and Tracy!!  WHEW!!!



Come with me as I share a little bit of ourselves with all of you.  I'm Jackie, the rockin' bassist, and I'm the oldest. I'm forty------ummm, never mind....years old. Elena, our wonderful soprano, follows, being -----(wait, I'm not saying, I don't have a death wish.....!). And Teresa, the cool and talented drummer, is...no! Teresa.....WAIT!!!  ***C-R-A-S-H*** All RIGHT!! SHEESH!!!
Ahem....cough...SMH (shake my head).  Uh, sorry folks, it seems Teresa’s hand had an involuntary muscle spasm and her drumsticks went flying (accidentally, of course) and I had to duck. (**whispering** I wasn’t really going to tell them your age, T!!)
 

ANYway...Well, let’s get going and I’ll share some more history and a few cool pics.......(as I look nervously around, checking to see if anyone is going to raise hell about what pictures I put up).

I'll start back in 2008 with the first time we stepped into a recording studio....ahhhh....memories...







That's right, there aren't any of me.  I wasn't too fond of the ones taken and besides, I have some pictures that I actually like (holy moly, that's a first) so I'll put those up later.


Ladies and gentlemen, the next chapter cometh......

4 comments: